Monday, September 14, 2009

Kanye West Burns More Bridges During VMA's

Kanye West is known for doing a lot of outrageous things. He lived up to his title during the MTV Music Video Awards on Sunday when he cut off Taylor Swift during her thank-you speech for the Best Female Video Award.

Swift’s video for “You Belong With Me” beat out Beyonce’s “Single Ladies.” After a few minutes of Swift expressing her gratitude, West jumps on stage and swipes the microphone from her hand.

"Now Taylor I'm really happy for you, I’ll let you finish," West said. "But Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time!”

An embarrassed Beyonce and Swift were left speechless as the show went to commercial.

Later that night, Beyonce won the leading award of Best Video of the Year for “Single Ladies.” After arriving to the stage, Beyonce called Swift to the stage to “have her moment.”

An apologetic West released a statement expressing his fault for that night.

"I'm in the wrong for going on stage and taking away from her moment, Beyonce's video was the best of this decade... I'm sorry to my fans if I let you guys down... I'm sorry to my friends at MTV... I will apologize to Taylor,” said West, expressing regret.

Swift had mixed emotions due to what happened. "I was standing on stage and I was really excited because I'd just won the award and then I was really excited because Kanye West was on stage," she said. "And then I wasn't excited anymore after that."

Watch West stir things up at the VMA's.



Watch Beyonce give Taylor Swift her moment.

Update (9/15/09):
Watch Kanye West publicly apologies on Jay Leno.

No comments: