Monday, September 21, 2009

Weezer's Got "Raditude"


It seems Weezer has gotten rid of coloring their albums once again with the announcement of their seventh record, Raditude.

SPIN.com reveals the new album title is actually an inside joke between frontman Rivers Cuomo and The Office's Rainn Wilson.

"He has a super-rock persona," Cuomo said. "When it came time to find a title for the Weezer album, I asked him what he thought the ultimate album title would be and he said 'Raditude.'"

So far, everything from the track list to the album art shows the Weezer style of fun, laid back alternative/pop rock they're known for.

The first single off Raditude, "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To" debuted at number 21 on The Billboard Rock Songs in August.

Raditude hits stores October 27th via Geffen Records.


Listen to the new single, "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To" here.


Weezer-Raditude (10/27/09) [Album Art & Track List]:
1. “(If You’re Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To"
2. “I’m Your Daddy”
3. “The Girl Got Hot”
4. “Can’t Stop Partying”
5. “Put Me Back Together”
6. “Trippin’ Down The Freeway”
7. “Love Is the Answer”
8. “Let It All Hang Out”
9. “In The Mall”
10. “I Don’t Want To Let You Go”
11. “The Story Of My Life” – (iTunes bonus)
12. “Kids/Poker Face” – (iTunes pre-order bonus)

Raditude (Deluxe):
11. “Get Me Some”
12. “Run Over By A Truck”
13. “The Prettiest Girl In the Whole Wide World"
14. “The Underdogs”
15. “The Story Of My Life” – (iTunes bonus)
16. “Kids/Poker Face” – (iTunes pre-order bonus)

No comments: